TH Foods’ Response to COVID-19
Posted: May 8,2020
At TH Foods, Inc., we are grateful to our employees for the work they do to bring essential, quality food products to store shelves around the world. Our commitment to providing these important products to our customers is second only to the health and well-being of our employees. In these challenging times, we are hard at work navigating the uncharted and often evolving territory of COVID-19 as we work to create a safe work environment for our employees.
TH Foods has instituted numerous changes to standard operating policies in response to COVID-19.
TH Foods continues to evaluate and adjust policies to adapt to changing regulations, and the needs of employees and customers. TH Foods is adhering to all local, state and federal guidelines and best practices, specifically:
- All in-person work has been limited to employees whose essential work cannot be completed remotely.
- TH Foods has purchased computers, software and other equipment necessary to enable all workers with the ability to do so to perform his/her duties remotely.
- All on-site employees have been provided gloves and face masks.
- All employees have been provided leave options and the attendance policy has been relaxed to accommodate COVID-19 absence-related needs.
- Break areas have been optimized and additional break areas added to support social distancing.
- Pre-shift meeting and training practices have been modified to accommodate social distancing.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout facilities.
- Enhanced sanitization of work areas and commonly used spaces has been added.
- Ongoing communication and training with employees occurs on a regular basis.
Supporting our employees is our priority.
At TH Foods, we recognize the COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges and that these unprecedented times require our employees to adapt to precautionary measures that were not previously part of our normal lives. In an effort to support our employees who are required to be off of work due to self-quarantine, TH Foods has established a special compensation structure for employees who meet the established qualifications.
Additionally, TH Foods has provided all employees with an Appreciation Bonus to recognize the dedication, loyalty and hard work of its employees during this unprecedented time.
Together, we are making a difference.
TH Foods’ Crunchmaster® brand has partnered with key organizations to help those impacted by COVID-19:
- Providing health food options to frontline healthcare providers: The Crunchmaster® brand partnered with Wise Wellness Guild™, an organization that empowers whole-self wellness and peak performance, to provide healthy food options to those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Wise Wellness Guild™ has orchestrated the donation of close to 100,000 sealed food packages of Crunchmaster® Crackers to frontline healthcare professionals at hospitals across the Midwest.
- Providing access to gluten-free products:
- The Crunchmaster® brand partnered with the Celiac Disease Foundation® to provide gluten-free care packages to consumers who can’t find or can’t afford gluten-free products due to COVID-19. The response has been overwhelming, with recipients sharing that often food pantries will not carry gluten-free options.
- To continue to meet this need for gluten-free options at food pantries, TH Foods donated Crunchmaster® products to the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
- TH Foods also responded directly to a request from the Food Allergy Research & Education Teen Advisory Group, who shared that teens were having trouble finding gluten-free snacks during the pandemic. TH Foods recently sent nearly 1,000 samples of Crunchmaster® products to the group.